Alinta's Cyberpoetry blog

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

10th August

Recapping on some stuff I have been thinking about over the week:

I shared some ideas in class about my 3D words and they are as follows: These ideas are about thinking of words in an installation style space.

Use of the word SPLIT: It would be cut into sections, maybe only two sections 'sp' and 'lit' or 'spl' and 'it' or something like that. and the parts would be on opposite ends of a large bare room.

I was also thinking of making a big word that was hollowed out on one side so that people could in effect 'slot' themselves inside it and practically feel trapped in the word in almost a nightmarish way. After ages of trying to think of ways to use the word 'phantasmagoria', I settled on using this word for this idea due to it's long shape and also it's dream-like meaning, but i'm still not sure if this is the final word that I would use here.

I also had this other idea of 'words to be stepped on', originally coming from thoughts of working with scale, and after all this thinking about BIG words I was considering how to make them very small, perhaps so small that they could be crushed. But issues arrised with this such as how does one make it so that the wors is still readable after it was crushed? and what would one make it with? (other than the only thing that i can think of which is pretzels). I then thought of having words projected up onto the walls or ceiling as well to draw the attention away from the floor so that the stepping on of something would come as more of a surprise, and these words could make a mental connection for the stepee, such as 'snail'.

I also had ideas about texture such as making a word with a latex covering so that it felt and looked like skin. This word, which I innitially thought would be 'skin', morphed into something more dangerous such as 'repulsive' or 'volatile' or something along those lines, to make a statement about the female body and some people's belief that it is dirty and inadequate to the male body. I think I could take this idea a lot further so I will keep thinking about it.


List poem for word 'Broadwater' (i'm sorry, i know i keep bringing strange new words into the fold and changing my words around all the time, but I suppose my excuse is that it is all part of my thinking process and this journal is some kind of real-time brainstorm of ideas)

I wish I had some letters I could scratch into a bench.
The stranger tells me of how his baby died. Says she had a name like mine.
Wonder what the fishermen know about the full moon.
I almost slipped taking photos of the burning boat.
Cars bright like neon flash past like signs.
I look like I haven't been kissed in a long time.
Stingrays ticklish under my hand.
The stranger mumbles broken language.
I wish I had some letters I could scratch into a bench.
Flashy flash flash.
Broken language kiss.
A name like mine in a burning boat.
Scratch into a bench.
A long
long
time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home