Alinta's Cyberpoetry blog

Saturday, August 12, 2006

12th August

http://matcmadison.edu/mchristoffel/poetry/

This weeks looking up of internet poetry landed me on this site where I proceeded to look at the piece ‘spring cityscape’ by Michael Christoffel, as it looked quite appealing. However, it was a very simple piece. A short poem that was chopped up and moved around rather fast (almost too fast to read) until it disappeared again. I assume that this is obviously a metaphor for the city itself.

I then looked at another piece by the same guy. This one was called ‘pyrotechnic cells’. I found this one more interesting even though, technically, it was probably even simpler. I think that one thing that made a difference was the colours used. In the first piece, the colours were pale blues pinks yellows etc (probably to symbolize ‘spring’) but in this one the background was black and the words were reds and oranges, making them stand out far more. The creator Michael Christoffel, made a short blurb saying that he was still working on this one, but I can’t tell if that is just old or not because it seems finished to me.

With both of his pieces; I would have liked to hear some sound involved, as the supposedly shocking words, without any sort of accompaniment, were not as striking as they could have been. Also both pieces were extremely short, therefore the artist did not hold my attention for as long as he could have, and I didn’t feel that the small amount of words had much of an impact on me in terms of what he was actually saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home