Alinta's Cyberpoetry blog

Sunday, October 22, 2006

eurika! (not that I can spell it)

yay i have a fourth idea!! It's a very simple piece, and i call it 'iflyaway'. in this piece i make birds out of "i" bodys and "(" wings and using simple frame by frame animation they fly across the screen. At first I wanted all the little wings to flap but I couldn't get it right and it was taking forever so I quit with that idea but they still look alright being static. As they are black they sort of look more like bats... maybe I should add some other colours? The background is blue for sky and the words "i fly away" are written all over the sky in a very similar blue which i find hard to see on my computer screen but that is good - that is how I want it. There is also music over the top so be sure to have your sound on. Yes it is me humming. I considered adding land into the blue but then thought against it as my drawing might not be so great. I like it's simplicity, and slight melancholy. I take inspiration from Ana Marie uribe for this piece, as I did her for part of my essay and she likes to work with single letters giving them different meaning. however, if i did make all the i's colourful it would remind me just a little too much of Uribe's work and I'd rather it appeared to be something else so maybe I will leave them black, it doesn't matter if they are seen as bats anyway as long as they are seen as flying things. Bats fly just as well as birds do!

but for a 5th piece... hmmmm... still stuck on that one...

OH MY GOD STOP THE PRESS HOLY SHIT FUCK ME SILLY READ THIS!!!

ok so i was just looking through my entire blog wondering why i had no comments on any of my entries (not that I had ever checked before) and way back in August on the entry where I first spoke about chris funkhouser THE MAN HIMSELF HAD WRITTEN A REPLY that's right go and check in archives if you think it's fake. Damn it why didn't I see that before I wrote the essay, it could have been useful. I was also just reading kerrie's blog about how she got in touch with her artist and i was thinking "yeah well mine were just not easy to get in touch with" you know, the usual excuses, and then I found the note from Chris. My assignment FOUND ME!! It's insane. So i emailed him about this eBook he was talking about which will be awesome if he remembers me. Wow. Don't you love it when things fall into your lap from the sky like really really really good bird poo... well it makes sense in my head... I'm just excited is all. Of all the people who could leave me some love on my blog :D Can't wait to get to class on wednesday and rub it in everyones faces LIKE BIRD POO that's right...

I really have birds on the brain today don't I...

oh anyway also, I wrote a couple of little poems about the beach for another class but I suddenly feel the need to include them here. They are not the best by a long way and I am not totally proud of them but it is that thing of using the one word and coming up with something from it. In this class I had to go to the beach and just examine the place really thouroughly (can't spell???) and just had to see what I came up with (amongst other, far more complex criteria of course), so similar to The Broadwater poem. But I also had to pay particular attention to how my body reacted with the space and what sort of borders the space had... things like that.. you know... a class run by jondi... i rest my case... but yeah here are the small poems I came up with... maybe I could make a beachy interface for them??? hmmm maybe too silly... don't know...


I am told that sand,
Heated to a certain degree,
Creates glass.
This is why the beach
glistens.
I watch their brightness
On lover’s legs.
Tiny shards of glass
Like calves are earth
Hairs are highways
And cars are crashing.

Adding to your prickliness.




Where do you go to?
Do you reside up high
In the hot heat of the dunes?
Do you announce a ‘place’,
Does it remind you of home?
Does your blanket keep you safe from sand?
Perhaps you prefer to be closer to water
Where the tire tracks mar the sand,
And you feel them against your back,
Halving the sand
Halving you.
Torso deep across the borderline.




You were always scared of the big waves, so you brought your favourite teddy to the beach each time. His name was ‘Ted’ but sometimes it was ‘Best Boy’, because he was. You tried not to get him too sandy but sometimes he did and you couldn’t help it, could you. Ted was always smiling no matter what. Sometimes he even got a little wet when you couldn’t bare to go into the water without him, but he didn’t mind. Poor Ted, look at that sun burn, he couldn’t help it. You rubbed antiseptic cream between his legs. Good for those rashes, you thought, good for those rashes.



Her fingers
curl around the edges of
stiff worn fabric.
Bright sun like
several close encounters
beams back across her body.
Sand like
rough
plastered
walls
hangs from loose
limbs like tiny
rock climbers.

She reconsiders
her feet.

Stiff towel’s edge torn disturbing
Precious 90°




I hear the world
as interrupted by my heartbeat.
It is this reminder of life,
That keeps me
from fully perceiving
the world.

And I am lying
In your heavy footprint.
My shoulder slumped back
Into the curve of your toes.





Footprints like
Concave clams.
The wind creates lines of flight
Through the sand
That ends at my things.
Shoulders under pressure
Of heavy head.
Beach poetry is a bore,
I’m distracted
By tumble weeds
And soccer balls
And thoughts of many dreams.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger komninos said...

http://www.youtube.con/watch?v=2pG0fZ12QMg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home