Alinta's Cyberpoetry blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

junk poetry

Feeling a bit pissed off with this funkhouser dude because he made something called 'Spam Poem' which is EXACTLY what I've always wanted to do. He made it this year, and I've been meaning to do it for more like FIVE years. I can even prove it because I have a special folder in my hotmail where I collect what I call "Junk Poetry" - there was some spam mails going around a couple of years ago that had the most devine crazy poems in them, most likely made from a bot that was just putting random words together, so I have always meant to do something with them but I have never really gotten around to it. However after being inspired by what funkhouser did with similar kinds of emails, I simply stuck a couple of these emails into Speaksonia (with a crazy woman's voice) and by itself it sounds really fun. I would like to overlay some images onto it, I don't know how to use quick time pro, however I could do it with Flash (perhaps not as simply though). I wont try to upload the mp3 file here, you will just have to believe me that I've done it. I will probably use it for one of my 4 or 5 (can't remember how much) cyberpoem pieces that we have to do for this semester.

What I can do, though, is copy the words in here (however the voice makes it very different)

"When toward crank case leaves, waif beyond ruminates.Sometimes debutante living with earns frequent flier miles, but mastadon beyond football team always trade baseball cards with around eggplant!gonads remain purple.And negotiate a prenuptial agreement with the dark side of her garbage can.A few gonads, and sheriff for oil filter) to arrive at a state of asteroidambiguity selwyn alternate delinquent belgrade francoise silicate

When over carpet tack is darling, defined by football team make love to somnambulist behind.Eleanor, although somewhat soothed by spider related to and behind warranty.Indeed, hole puncher near caricature for deficit.Where we can amorously teach our spider.Indeed, scooby snack near assimilate judge about somnambulist.prime minister from hides, and graduated cylinder for sell to prime minister near.queasy irresistible until penury cathode critic"

(imagine in a strange high pitched deep south almost-female accent)

The first paragraph is from an email called 'marzipan gonads of 4185' and the second is called 'cheese wheel 58 brides' (i looooove their names! Not sure whether to include them in the final pieces or not but I may as well??? However I don't know how to change the mp3 file that I have made so I might just have to stick it all together in Flash, dunno yet.)

I'm in class right now, hence the sporadic terrible language of this post because I can't think straight, I would have, however, liked to explain this a bit better, so perhaps I will come back to it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home